What is Health Coaching?
A health coach is your personal health guide, partner, and cheerleader. They help individuals and families achieve their health and wellness goals by providing trusted, science-based information, positive encouragement and motivation. Health coaches help clients change their lives, improving their physical health and overall wellbeing.
A health coach can help you sort out which small changes to make and where to start when working to improve your health and wellness. Over time the small changes begin to accumulate into larger changes resulting in a significantly healthier lifestyle.
A health coach gets you “unstuck”. They help you figure out what obstacles are stopping you from reaching your health goals. Your coach regularly checks in with you by email, phone calls, zoom or in-person meetings, usually over the course of a few months. During the conversations, a health coach asks questions to get you thinking about how you can overcome challenges.
What are the benefits of working with a health coach?
1. Alleviating feelings of defeat and frustration by tapping into how your brain is wired.
2. Providing scientifically proven techniques to investigate your behaviors, chemistry, and
lifestyle, to sculpt an effective plan- one step at a time.
3. Holding space for you to explore feelings in a supportive, non-judgmental manner while
creating new habits.
4. Providing consistent accountability to increase success.
5. Help create structure in your day-to-day life by prioritizing needs and creating time
blocks that fit into your health and life goals.
Other benefits include weight loss, improved nutrition to support optimal cellular
function, stress reduction, increased self-esteem and self-awareness, better sleep, less
fatigue, building the “muscle of the mind”, mindset and so much more!
You may benefit from working with a health coach if:
1. You gain weight and can't seem to lose it
2. You can't shake off fatigue
3. You can't sustain healthy eating for more than a few days or weeks
4. You retain water and wake up swollen, especially in the face
5. You feel groggy when waking up and are not getting restorative sleep
6. You can't sustain a fitness program for more than a few weeks
7. You've tried every diet, and nothing works
8. You feel overwhelmed and stressed out
9. You realize if you could have done it yourself, you would have done it by now
10. You are not as productive as you used to be
11. You need an accountability partner
12. You can't seem to stay consistent when it comes to your health and wellness
13. You miss the “old” version of yourself